Using the three Ethics of Permaculture, EPIC's Vision is to ensure Food Security for all in our Community.
- Care of earth
- Care of people
- Fair share for all
‘Food security exists when all people, at all times, have physical, social and economic access to sufficient, safe and nutritious food which meets their dietary needs and food preferences for an active and healthy life’ (Food and Agriculture Organisation 2002).
- Improve the capacity of the Community to grow their own food
- Improve the ability of the Community to source fresh produce
- Improve the ability within the Community to access healthy fast food
- Greater awareness of the benefits of healthy eating
- Greater awareness of waste reduction
Food Security for all in our Community
In 2015, Parks Victoria approached a group of local Hills people made up of permaculture professionals and community development workers. From this a partnership was formed to develop a permaculture garden in an unused section of the George Tindale Gardens in Sherbrooke. In order to implement this exciting and unique community project, EPIC was incorporated as a not for profit association and a committee of management was formed.