EPIC PERMACULTURE DESIGN CHALLENGE
This is your chance to be involved in designing a world class permaculture public garden!!
WHAT IS IT?
• A one day design challenge
• A team of fabulous Permies (Max 25)
• Two acres of land
THE CHALLENGE ?
To work together to achieve an overall design for the EPIC garden.....IN ONE DAY!!!
Permaculture graduates and those currently studying permaculture.
WHEN IS IT ?
Sunday July 23rd 9am-5pm
WHERE IS IT ?
At EPIC. Meet at George Tindale Memorial House
33 Sherbrooke Rd, Sherbrooke, at the front of the gardens. NB: car pooling is recommended. Parking is only at the top of the gardens.
HOW WILL THE GROUP WORK TOGETHER ?
There will be an initial briefing from the EPIC team and facilitated support throughout the whole day.
WHAT IS BEING DESIGNED?
There are three (3) primary areas for design ie:
- Edible Forest garden
- Communal space
- Vegetable gardens
*The design is however not limited to these.
For further information about EPIC click here and to see the EPIC team profiles click here.
WHAT TO BRING?
- Wet weather gear / warm clothes may be needed on the day.
- Please bring lunch to share.
* Morning & afternoon tea will be supplied.
* If you have any special dietary needs please bring what you need to support yourself.
1. If you want to participate, bookings are via our facebook 'event' - please click on the event as 'going', and then put a message on the event with your email address so we can send any necessary documentation.
2. Please read up on resources on permaculture design and edible forest gardens. *Following are some links that may be useful to look at beforehand.
Suncalc for the GT property address:
Climate data for Sherbrooke:
Creating a food forest:
Geoff Lawton video on the Permaculture Designers Manual:
Link to Dave Jacke videos:
*EPIC will also have resources available on the day to assist with the process.
EPIC are very much looking forward to meeting with you on the day, and achieving an exciting design concept, while having a lot of fun and learning heaps from each other!!!
Support team on the day:
- Taj Scicluna
- John Ferris
- Rick Colasacco
- Kegan Daly
- Holly Desmond
- Cheryle Foster
(Remember it's Max 25 people - so get in quick!)
The EPIC Garden will be developed over a period of time. The EPIC team will engage in community consultation when considering works to be done in the Garden to ensure that everyone has an opportunity of being involved in the development of this wonderful project. It is extremely important to the EPIC Team to involve the community in all aspects of the Project.